LeFORT is an up-to-date, class B+ business centre. It uses the converted buildings of a former silk manufacture which was created on the embankment of the Yauza river in Moscow at the end of the 19th century.
This district of Moscow was traditionally known as the “German settlement” because it attracted foreigners from other European countries, who had moved to Moscow in order to work and do business. In the 19th century the district became a magnet for merchants and entrepreneurs, both Russian and foreign, who opened a variety of manufactures on the banks of the Yauza. The proximity of railway hubs made the area particularly attractive for industry.
In 1881, the merchants of the first guild, Pyotr Mussi and Yuly Goujon, both originally of French extraction, set up a joint-stock company, the Moscow Silk Manufacture Partnership. The company grew in the decades that followed and two Russian architects, Vassily Zalessky and Ivan Kondakov, were engaged to build new premises for the expanding business. The impressive brick buildings of the new factory, up to five stories high, were fully complete by 1914.
By the time of the 1917 Revolution, the Silk Manufacture Partnership was one of the largest factories in Moscow and among the biggest textile producers in Russia, employing over 2300 people.
NRA: 55,280 sqm
Parking: 746 parking places